Clinic for Neurosurgery
- Surgical treatment of cerebral tumours (including neuro-navigation, neuro-monitoring and local chemotherapy)
- Therapy of the entire spectrum of degenerative spinal diseases and intraspinal tumours
- Interdisciplinary diagnostics and therapy of craniocerebral traumata
- Interdisciplinary diagnostics and therapy of neurovascular diseases of the brain and of the spine in cooperation with the Neurovascular Centre
- Special diagnostics and therapy of all forms of Hydrocephalus internus
- Complex multimodal pain therapy after amputations and spinal surgeries
The staff members of the Clinic for Neurosurgery are available 24 hours per day, i.e. particularly in respect of complex cerebral and spinal surgery.
The clinic is focusing on the interdisciplinary treatment of severe craniocerebral traumata but also on pain therapy after war-, amputation- and spinal injuries.
More than 1,200 surgical interventions are annually being performed on the part of our clinic. This particularly includes complicated cases, notably in the field of degenerative spine surgery, which are requiring both extensive surgeries by means of the latest OP-methods and multimodal pain-therapeutic aftertreatment.
Prof. Dr. med. Ullrich Meier
Director of the Clinic for Neurosurgery
Director of the Clinic for Neurosurgery, Unfallkrankenhaus Berlin
1990 – 1997
Senior Physician of the Clinic for Neurosurgery at the Städtisches Krankenhaus im Friedrichshain, Berlin
Specialist in Radiological Diagnostics / Neuroradiology
Specialist in Neurosurgery
1983 – 1988
Specialist training in Neurosurgery at the Charité, at the Klinikum Berlin-Buch and at the Krankenhaus im Friedrichshain, Berlin